Digestive Bitters - AFTER
- Aids digestion and liver detoxification
- Delightfully tasty (balanced, not bitter)
- After-a-meal formula
- About 40 servings
Recommended use: To support your digestion after eating, squirt 2 to 4 pumps into your mouth AFTER a meal. You can use it with each meal. Enjoy the goodness of the herbs and their expansive, warming flavors.
After: Burdock (Arctium lappa)*, Angelica (Angelica archangelica)*, Anise (Pimpinella anisum)*, Andrographis (Andrographis paniculata), Chamomile (Matricaria recutita)*, Catnip (Nepeta cataria)*,Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare)*, Grindelia (Grindelia squarrosa) * Organic
1. Beauchamp G. K. Why do we like sweet taste: A bitter tale? Physiology & behavior. 2016.
2. Wszelaki, Magdalena. Overcoming Estrogen Dominance. New Type Publishing. January 2021.
3. Raja MK, Sethiya NK, Mishra SH. A comprehensive review on Nymphaea stellata: A traditionally used bitter. Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Technology & Research. 2010.
4. Du, H. G., Ming, L., Chen, S. J., & Li, C. D. Xiaoyao pill for treatment of functional dyspepsia in perimenopausal women with depression. World journal of gastroenterology, 2014.
5. Yang, N., Jiang, X., Qiu, X., Hu, Z., Wang, L., & Song, M. Modified Chaihu Shugan Powder for Functional Dyspepsia: Meta-Analysis for Randomized Controlled Trial. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine. 2013.
6. Zhao, L. et al. Efficacy of modified ban xia xie xin decoction on functional dyspepsia of cold and heat in complexity syndrome: a randomized controlled trial. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine. 2013.
7. Ko, S. et al. An Herbal Medicine, Yukgunja-Tang is more Effective in a Type of Functional Dyspepsia Categorized by Facial Shape Diagnosis: A Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind, Randomized Trial. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine. 2018.
8. Ahnfelt, N. O., & Fors, H. Making Early Modern Medicine: Reproducing Swedish Bitters. Ambix, 2016.
9. Melzer, J., Rösch, W., Reichling, J., Brignoli, R., & Saller, R. Meta-analysis: phytotherapy of functional dyspepsia with the herbal drug preparation STW 5 (Iberogast). Alimentary pharmacology & therapeutics. 2004.
10. Oshikoya, K. A., et al. Herbal medicines supplied by community pharmacies in Lagos, Nigeria: pharmacists’ knowledge. Pharmacy practice, 2013.
11. Walker, J. M. The Bitter Remedy. The European Journal of Herbal Medicine. n.d.
12. Foster, S.R., Blank, K., Hoe, L.E.S., Behrens, M., Meyerhof, W., Peart, J.N. and Thomas, W.G. Bitter taste receptor agonists elicit G‐protein‐dependent negative inotropy in the murine heart. The FASEB Journal. 2014.
13. Lu, P., Zhang, C-H., Lifshitz, L. M., & ZhuGe, R. Extraoral bitter taste receptors in health and disease. Journal of General Physiology. February, 2017.
14. Mayo Clinic. Researchers find new treatment for constipation. ScienceDaily. May 16, 2011.
15. Langhorst, J., et al. Randomised clinical trial: a herbal preparation of myrrh, chamomile and coffee charcoal compared with mesalazine in maintaining remission in ulcerative colitis–a double-blind, double-dummy study. Alimentary pharmacology & therapeutics, 2013.
16. Tsai, C. C., et al. Salvia miltiorrhiza Induces Tonic Contraction of the Lower Esophageal Sphincter in Rats via Activation of Extracellular Ca2+ Influx. Molecules (Basel, Switzerland). 2015.
17. Ano, Y., et al. Hop bitter acids containing a β-carbonyl moiety prevent inflammation-induced cognitive decline via the vagus nerve and noradrenergic system. Scientific reports, 2020.
18. Tong, X. L., et al. The safety and effectiveness of TM81, a Chinese herbal medicine, in the treatment of type 2 diabetes: a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial. Diabetes, obesity & metabolism, 2013.
19.Lvovskaya, S., & Smith, D. P. A spoonful of bitter helps the sugar-response go down. Neuron, 2013.
20. Ben Salem, M., Affes, H., Ksouda, K., Dhouibi, R., Sahnoun, Z., Hammami, S., & Zeghal, K. M. Pharmacological Studies of Artichoke Leaf Extract and Their Health Benefits. Plant foods for human nutrition (Dordrecht, Netherlands),2015.
21. Mantovani, A., Gisondi, P., Lonardo, A., & Targher, G. Relationship between Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and Psoriasis: A Novel Hepato-Dermal Axis?. International journal of molecular sciences. 2016.
22. Wu, S., Xue, P., Grayson, N., Bland, J. S., & Wolfe, A. Bitter Taste Receptor Ligand Improves Metabolic and Reproductive Functions in a Murine Model of PCOS. Endocrinology. 2019.
DO YOU SHIP TO CANADA, THE UK, AUSTRALIA OR OTHER COUNTRIES?
Unfortunately, at this point we only ship to the United States. This is due to the ever-evolving international laws surrounding supplements.
There are forwarding companies like MyUS.com, that will forward orders to you in your country for a fee.
In this case, it is the customer's responsibility to find out in advance if the supplement in question is legal in their country. For example, Progesterone and DHEA are not legal to ship into Canada (Canada classifies bio-identical hormones as drugs so they can only be prescribed by a doctor or naturopath).
We have had customers successfully ship their supplements abroad using MyUS.com, however we have only limited experience with this service.
WHY DOES SHIPPING COST $11.45?
For small businesses like ours, the shipping fee covers the very real costs of getting your order to you: shipping, handling, packaging, warehousing, insurances, and fairly compensating all the people involved along the way. We do our best to keep this shipping cost as low as possible, and offer FREE shipping for orders $97 and above.
WHY DOES MY SUBSCRIPTION ORDER INCLUDE $11.45 SHIPPING?
If you set up a subscription order and notice that you are being charged shipping, it could be due to one of these reasons:
1. Your order value is under $97
2. Your initial order qualifies for free shipping, but the order frequency on your subscriptions is different ( 1 product is set to ship every month, the other is set to ship every 2 months).
*The system automatically splits this kind of order into 2 separate shipments.
In this case it is more economical to set up one subscription every 2 months, and to increase your quantity to 2 units of the supplement that you consume monthly.
For example: 2 Vitamin B6 + 1 Essential Omegas every 2 months = free shipping.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like some help managing your subscriptions.
How we make things to be delivered directly to you
All our products are rooted in science. No BS, just clean and honest ingredients that work.
No greenwashing means that we don't use misleading marketing to make our products seem more green or eco-friendly. Our products really are as natural as it gets.
We work hard to bring you products that are safe and effective. The top offenders we never invite to the party: GMOs, hormone disruptors, gluten, soy, and dairy.
Our manufacturing facilities are GMP compliant, which means every product is carefully tested. Our products are proudly made in the US and Canada.
Many of our products use botanicals inspired by ancient herbal traditions from around the world.
Our ingredients work synergistically, amplifying each other. We transform them into meaningful products that make a difference for your body and spirit.