- Improves symptoms of low estrogen
- Helps to relieve normal menopausal discomfort, such as hot flashes
- Capsules - 60 servings (2-month supply )
Estrogen Balance - May naturally raise "good" estrogen levels while blocking "dirty" estrogens
Menopausal Relief - May improve symptoms of low estrogen such as hot flashes
Breast Health - May support breast tissue health
Aromatase Support - Supports the body’s natural process of healthy aromatase activity (conversion of testosterone to estrogens)
Cardiovascular Health - Supports muscle relaxation and function, which is vital to cardiovascular health. Also supports blood vessel function and heart health
Blood Sugar - Helps stabilize blood sugars, leading to fewer cravings and easier maintenance of a healthy weight
Bone and Skin Health - Supports healthy bones and skin
Sleep - Helps naturally support falling and staying asleep
Eight-week controlled study in 20 menopausal women (age 50-75 years).
The change in hot flashes from baseline (4.5/day) was reduced to 2.7 per day at week 4 (37.2%; p= 0.04) and 2.0 per day at week 8 (53.5%D = 0.01).
Componets of this this study are found in Estrogen Boost.
Recommended use: Take 1 capsule per day, or as directed by your heath care practitioner.
Estrogen Boost can support the body’s natural process of healthy aromatase activity and exert phytoestrogen (e.g., enterolactone) and antioxidant activity.
Results of estrogen supplementation are individual and depend on your health status.
Hops Extract (Humulus lupulus), Norway Spruce Extract (Picea abies).
Other ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, hypromellose (capsule), stearic acid, vegetable stearate, and silica.
1. van Meeuwen JA, Nijmeijer S, Mutarapat T, et al. Aromatase inhibition by synthetic lactones and flavonoids in human placental microsomes and breast fibroblasts—a comparative study. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2008 May 1;228(3):269-76. [PMID: 18201740] .
2. Overk CR, Yao P, Chadwick LR, et al. Comparison of the in vitro estrogenic activities of compounds from hops (Humulus lupulus) and red clover (Trifolium pratense). J Agric Food Chem. 2005 Aug 10;53(16):6246-53. [PMID: 16076101] .
3. Bowe J, Li XF, Kinsey-Jones J, et al. The hop phytoestrogen, 8-prenylnaringenin, reverses the ovariectomy-induced rise in skin temperature in an animal model of menopausal hot flushes. J Endocrinol. 2006 Nov;191(2):399-405. [PMID: 17088409] .
4. Heyerick A, Vervarcke S, Depypere H, et al. A first prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study on the use of a standardized hop extract to alleviate menopausal discomforts. Maturitas. 2006 May 20;54(2):164-75. [PMID: 16321485] .
5. Erkkola R, Vervarcke S, Vansteelandt S, et al. A randomized, double-blind, placebocontrolled, cross-over pilot study on the use of a standardized hop extract to alleviate menopausal discomforts. Phytomedicine. 2010 May;17(6):389-96. [PMID: 20167461] .
6. Rimoldi G, Christoffel J, Wuttke W. Morphologic changes induced by oral long-term treatment with 8-prenylnaringenin in the uterus, vagina, and mammary gland of castrated rats. Menopause. 2006 Jul-Aug;13(4):669-77. [PMID: 16837889] .
7. Böttner M, Christoffel J, Wuttke W. Effects of long-term treatment with 8-prenylnaringenin and oral estradiol on the GH-IGF-1 axis and lipid metabolism in rats. J Endocrinol. 2008 Aug;198(2):395-401. [PMID: 18499805] .
Di Vito C, Bertoni A, Nalin M, et al. The phytoestrogen 8-prenylnaringenin inhibits agonistdependent activation of human platelets. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012 Nov;1820(11):1724- 33. [PMID: 22766195] .
Miyamoto M, Matsushita Y, Kiyokawa A, et al. Prenylflavonoids: a new class of non-steroidal phytoestrogen (Part 2). Estrogenic effects of 8-isopentenylnaringenin on bone metabolism. Planta Med. 1998 Aug;64(6):516-19. Erratum in: Planta Med. 1998 Dec;64(8):769. [PMID: 9741296] .
10. Sehmisch S, Hammer F, Christoffel J, et al. Comparison of the phytohormones genistein, resveratrol and 8-prenylnaringenin as agents for preventing osteoporosis. Planta Med. 2008 Jun;74(8):794-801. [PMID: 18537073] .
11. Delmulle L, Bellahcène A, Dhooge W, et al. Anti-proliferative properties of prenylated flavonoids from hops (Humulus lupulus L.) in human prostate cancer cell lines. Phytomedicine. 2006 Nov;13(9-10):732-34. [PMID: 16678392] .
12. Monteiro R, Faria A, Azevedo I, ert al. Modulation of breast cancer cell survival by aromatase inhibiting hop (Humulus lupulus L.) flavonoids. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007 Jun-Jul;105(1-5):124-30. [PMID: 17643984] .
13. Hemachandra LP, Madhubhani P, Chandrasena R, et al. Hops (Humulus lupulus) inhibits oxidative estrogen metabolism and estrogen-induced malignant transformation in human mammary epithelial cells (MCF-10A). Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2012 Jan;5(1):73-81. [PMID: 21997247] .
14. Burnett-Bowie SA, McKay EA, Lee H, et al. Effects of aromatase inhibition on bone mineral density and bone turnover in older men with low testosterone levels. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009 Dec;94(12):4785-92. [PMID: 19820017] .
15. Brunelli E, Pinton G, Chianale F, et al. 8-Prenylnaringenin inhibits epidermal growth factorinduced MCF-7 breast cancer cell proliferation by targeting phosphatidylinositol-3-OH kinase activity. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2009 Feb;113(3-5):163-70. [PMID: 19103290] .
16. Cosentino M, Marino F, Ferrari M, et al. Estrogenic activity of 7-hydroxymatairesinol potassium acetate (HMR/lignan) from Norway spruce (Picea abies) knots and of its active metabolite enterolactone in MCF-7 cells. Pharmacol Res. 2007 Aug;56(2):140-47. [PMID: 17572100] .
17. Barlow RN, Johnson JP. Fact sheet on the phytoestrogen enterolactone. Breast Cancer & The Environment Research Centers. 2007 Nov:31-37. http://www.zerobreastcancer.org/ research/bcerc_factsheets_phytoestrogen_enl.pdf. Accessed October 19, 2012.
18. Brooks JD, Thompson LU. Mammalian lignans and genistein decrease the activities of aromatase and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in MCF-7 cells. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2005 Apr;94(5):461-67. [PMID: 15876411] .
19. HMRlignan™—Direct Enterolactone Precursor [press release]. Locarno, Switzerland and Easton, PA: Linnea SA; August 17, 2005. http://www.hmrlignan.com/images/PressRelease_ Launch.pdf. Accessed October 24, 2012.
20. Kangas L, Saarinen N, Mutanen M, et al. Antioxidant and antitumor effects of hydroxymatairesinol (HM-3000, HMR), a lignan isolated from the knots of spruce. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2002 Aug;11 Suppl 2:S48-57. [PMID: 12570335] .
21. Bylund A, Saarinen N, Zhang JX, et al. Anticancer effects of a plant lignan 7-hydroxymatairesinol on a prostate cancer model in vivo. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2005 Mar;230(3):217-23. [PMID: 15734725] .
22. Olsen A, Knudsen KE, Thomsen BL, et al. Plasma enterolactone and breast cancer incidence by estrogen receptor status. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2004 Dec;13(12):2084-9. [PMID: 15598765] .
23. Miura D, Saarinen NM, Miura Y, et al. Hydroxymatairesinol and its mammalian metabolite enterolactone reduce the growth and metastasis of subcutaneous AH109A hepatomas in rats. Nutr Cancer. 2007;58(1):49-59. [PMID: 17571967] .
24. Udani J, Hardy M. 7-Hydroxymatairesinol (7-HMR) New pharmacokinetic data and effect on enterolactone metabolites and hot flashes in menopausal women. Scripps Integrative Medicine 5th Annual Natural Supplements Conference; January 17-20, 2008; San Diego, CA. http://www.hmrlignan.com/images/Research.pdf. Accessed October 19, 2012.
DO YOU SHIP TO CANADA, THE UK, AUSTRALIA OR OTHER COUNTRIES?
Unfortunately, at this point we only ship to the United States. This is due to the ever-evolving international laws surrounding supplements.
There are forwarding companies like MyUS.com, that will forward orders to you in your country for a fee.
In this case, it is the customer's responsibility to find out in advance if the supplement in question is legal in their country. For example, Progesterone and DHEA are not legal to ship into Canada (Canada classifies bio-identical hormones as drugs so they can only be prescribed by a doctor or naturopath).
We have had customers successfully ship their supplements abroad using MyUS.com, however we have only limited experience with this service.
WHY DOES SHIPPING COST $11.45?
For small businesses like ours, the shipping fee covers the very real costs of getting your order to you: shipping, handling, packaging, warehousing, insurances, and fairly compensating all the people involved along the way. We do our best to keep this shipping cost as low as possible, and offer FREE shipping for orders $97 and above.
WHY DOES MY SUBSCRIPTION ORDER INCLUDE $11.45 SHIPPING?
If you set up a subscription order and notice that you are being charged shipping, it could be due to one of these reasons:
1. Your order value is under $97
2. Your initial order qualifies for free shipping, but the order frequency on your subscriptions is different ( 1 product is set to ship every month, the other is set to ship every 2 months).
*The system automatically splits this kind of order into 2 separate shipments.
In this case it is more economical to set up one subscription every 2 months, and to increase your quantity to 2 units of the supplement that you consume monthly.
For example: 2 Vitamin B6 + 1 Essential Omegas every 2 months = free shipping.
Please email us at email@example.com if you would like some help managing your subscriptions.
How we make things to be delivered directly to you
All our products are rooted in science. No BS, just clean and honest ingredients that work.
No greenwashing means that we don't use misleading marketing to make our products seem more green or eco-friendly. Our products really are as natural as it gets.
We work hard to bring you products that are safe and effective. The top offenders we never invite to the party: GMOs, hormone disruptors, gluten, soy, and dairy.
Our manufacturing facilities are GMP compliant, which means every product is carefully tested. Our products are proudly made in the US and Canada.
Many of our products use botanicals inspired by ancient herbal traditions from around the world.
Our ingredients work synergistically, amplifying each other. We transform them into meaningful products that make a difference for your body and spirit.